Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where the Music Takes Me

The old man was full of
Wit and wisdom,
And grandfatherly advice.
He had always been
A free spirited rascal,
Dancing to the beat
Of a different drummer,
And living the life he chose,
And he rightly assumed
I would want to do the same.
He encouraged me
To climb outside of
The world I had created
For myself,
To spread my wings
And fly far away,
To dust off the cobwebs
Of my mind,
To challenge myself
And the world around me.
He told me to listen
To the sounds of my soul,
For that is where
A symphony lies
I alone am meant to play,
One that will take me
To parts unknown,
And provide me
With a life worth living.
He cautioned me
Not to let myself die
With my song
Still buried inside,
And counseled me
To play my tune
For all its worth,
And to go where
The music takes me.

No comments: